Deepen your practice.
Share it with others.
This 100-hour teacher training is for those who want to master mindfulness and loving-kindness meditation, become a meditation teacher, or for doctors, yoga teachers, therapists and other professionals who seek to skillfully and knowledgeably integrate meditation teaching into their work.
All students who pass this training will receive a certificate for Teaching Mindfulness and Lovingkindness Meditation from the Nalanda Institute for Contemplative Science, The Path and Pure Yoga. This program is compliant with Yoga Alliance programs.
Students attend an introductory session, four Saturday afternoon retreats, and 12 Monday night workshops.
- Saturday, October 29th
- Saturday, December 3rd
- Saturday, January 21st
- Saturday, February 11th
- October 31st - December 12th (7 classes)
- January 9th - February 6th (5 classes)
- December 13th - January 8th
If you meditate now and want to go deeper on your practice. If you want to learn more about the wisdom behind meditation — how and why it affects the brain and body so deeply. Or if you seek the knowledge, wisdom and skills to become a certified meditation teacher, this program is for you. This is an extraordinary opportunity to study and practice meditation, learn wisdom and develop your teaching skills with teachers immersed in the latest knowledge on neuroscience, Buddhism and the art of teaching.
Through immersion in experiential learning and reflection, committed personal practice and supervised teaching practice, participants will:
- Understand meditation from the historic, neuroscientific, psychological, and experiential perspectives
- Learn the self-healing framework of the Four Noble Truths and their direct relevance and application to modern neuropsychology, meditation practice and daily life
- Understand breath awareness and the full spectrum of the Four Foundations of Mindfulness: Mindfulness of Body, Mindfulness of Sensitivity, Mindfulness of Mindset and Mindfulness of Mentality
- Make connections between mindfulness practice and the insights that guide each field of practice, including dissatisfaction, impermanence, potential for freedom, and selflessness
- Explore the healing power of love and compassion and learn the practice of lovingkindness meditation
- Find greater presence, balance, clarity, and expansiveness within yourself through committed personal meditation practice
- Practice leading meditations in one-to-one, small group, and audio recorded formats and receive constructive feedback
- Build a supportive learning community (sangha) with your fellow classmates and discuss how to facilitate and encourage community as a teacher
- Complete an individual project incorporating the course material into your own practice or teaching
- Develop the confidence, vocabulary, and presence to successfully lead others in a full range of mindfulness and lovingkindness meditations and build their own meditation practice
We asked for feedback from our last class of teachers, and they said the program was:
- "I got new friends, a new perspective and the inspiration to teach and share with others"
- "I loved it, it changed my life"
- "I loved all the neuroscience"
- "5 stars - fantastic."
- "The Nalanda staff brought a wealth of material, experience and knowledge for the benefit of us all."
- "Definitely changed the way I think. I notice using new tools when I'm under stress. And more mindful of others."
- "My meditation practice has completely transformed"
- "I feel like I have much more clarity in my life"
- "So much more confident in my own practice and myself generally"