/ pronounced MAY'-la /
a Sanskrit word meaning 'gathering'
Welcome to your retreat.
Join The Path for a weekend retreat to clear your mind, meditate with master teachers, and form lasting relationships with top entrepreneurs, investors and creatives from around the world. This is professional and personal development at its best. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an invite or apply below to join us.
Practice with the masters.
Whether you are new to meditation or advanced, this is your chance to learn from Sharon Salzberg and Will Kabat-Zinn, two world-renowned teachers. Sharon & Will will lead group meditations, offer Buddhist wisdom & answer your questions about how to bring mindfulness into your life. You'll gain skills to:
- Reduce stress anytime, anywhere
- Make complex decisions with confidence
- Tap into your intuition and inner guidance
- Strengthen your emotional intelligence
- Bring more compassion to all your relationships
Build lasting relationships.
When you meditate you go within. You become more authentic and more you. To do this on retreat, away from the stress of daily life, is profound. You become more open to connecting with people on a deep level. What happens when you go on retreat with other global leaders, to enjoy yoga, meditation and gourmet long-table meals outdoors? You meet people who will inspire you and change your life.
For three days, you'll wake up to yoga and meditations and close each day with farm-to-table meals under the stars. In addition to the peacefulness from Sharon and Will's guided meditations and wisdom, you'll enjoy outdoor activities, share in authentic conversations and emerge with a calm mind, rejuvenated spirit and awesome new friendships.
Meet your Mela community.
A partial list of people who joined for our last Mela event (summer 2018) includes:
- Natalya (Brikner) Bailey, CEO, Accion Systems, working to make space accessible via a new ion engine technology.
- Tim Chang, Partner, Mayfield Fund, twice named to the Forbes Midas list of Top Tech Investors.
- Kerry Faherty, President at Faherty Brand, founder/President, The Mindful Mentors.
- Charlie Hartwell, Operating Partner, BridgeBuilders Collaborative (funds and supports social entrepreneurs building applications and products in mindfulness).
- Daniel Hoffer, Managing Partner, co-founder, Crux Capital. Board of Directors, Realine.
- Jessica Iclisoy, Founder/CEO, California Baby (90+ organic products for babies and kids).
- Deborah Jackson, Founder/CEO, Plum Alley. Private investor, Fast Company "League of Extraordinary Women" (60 women named).
- Megan Kingery, Broadway Producer (Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1912, Fun Home, Hand to G-d.) Creative Producer of Blue Man Group's first book, Blue Man World.
- Brigette Lau, Partner, Social Capital. Founder/Managing Partner, Hello Warrior Ventures. Board, CodeNow.
- Michael Levit, Managing Partner, Dragonfly Partners. Board of Directors, SNAP Interactive. Board Member, Say Media.
- Patrick McKenna, co-founder & Chair, Facet Wealth. Managing Partner, High Ridge Venture Partners, co-founder, ExpertCloud.de, Disqus board, Maven Research board.
- Jonathan Miller, Partner, Advancit Capital, TripAdvisor board, American Film Institute board, former Chair & CEO, Newscorp digital media and former CEO, AOL.
- Annie Roney, Founder/CEO, ro*co Films (distributing award-winning documentaries to global audiences, including 18 Oscar-nominated films).
- Lawrence Trilling, Producer/director/writer of Parenthood, Alias, Scrubs, Felicity, Goliath, Pushing Daisies and many other TV shows.
- Peter Yared, Founder/CTO, Sapho. Former CTO/CIO, CBS Interactive.
- Amy Ziering, Emmy and Academy Award-nominated documentary film producer and director, The Invisible World, The Memory Thief, Outrage, The Hunting Ground.
* Know someone who would be a fit for Mela? Nominate them by clicking here.
DATES: February 2018
- Maximum of 70 participants.
- New and advanced meditators welcome.
- Mindfulness practices include meditation, yoga, talks and more.
- Registration fee covers all activities and meals.
- Travel and accommodation are not included; however, a negotiated rate is always provided.
REFUND/CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancel before October 1st for a full refund. After that, no cancellations or refunds.
About Your Teachers
Sharon Salzberg is a world-renowned meditation instructor and New York Times bestselling author. Many credit her with bringing loving-kindness meditation from India to the West, and she literally wrote the book on Lovingkindness. Sharon is co-founder of Insight Meditation Society in Barre, MA and author of the NYT bestseller Real Happiness. Her most recent book is Real Love: The Art of Mindful Connection.
Will Kabat-Zinn has practiced Vipassana meditation in the U.S. and Burma for more than ten years and teaches entrepreneurs and others at SF Insight, Spirit Rock and meditation centers across the country.
About The Path
The Path is meditation for the modern mind. We've hosted weekly meditations since 2014 and taught thousands of people to meditate in New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco, at SXSW, Sundance, Flow Japan and events around the world. We run a certificate Teacher Training Program, a certificate Mindful Leadership course and book launches for major teachers and authors including Matthieu Ricard, Robert Thurman, Shinzen Young and Culadasa.
We believe meditation can be accessible and taught in beautiful, fun environments. Mela is our next step.
As Featured In
What past retreat participants say:
I'm smiling a little bit brighter and laughing a little bit harder. I am seeing the world a bit differently after this experience.
Many of the people I met, I hope will be lifelong friends and mentors. This is my tribe.
Mela exceeded my expectations and I came home happy, open, grounded and feeling connected to myself and my community.
It opened my eyes to a whole new way of seeing my world.
..amazing teachers, beautiful location, kind insightful people, wonderfully planned...not a detail unturned. I left grounded, recharged, and inspired.
Honing my practice with Sharon, Will and the group was a life changing gift that I will forever cherish.
The weekend was really special and energizing — I learned, meditated, but most importantly connected with some incredibly kind and thoughtful people. It kind of feels like an amazing dream.