Deepen your practice.
Share it with others.
Note: This class will next be offered in Fall 2018. If you are interested, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be sure to notify you as soon as the dates are set.
This 100-hour teacher training is for those who want to master mindfulness and lovingkindness meditation, become a meditation teacher, or for doctors, yoga teachers, business people, coaches, therapists and other professionals who seek to skillfully and knowledgeably integrate meditation teaching into their work.
All students who pass this training will receive a certificate for Teaching Mindfulness and Lovingkindness Meditation from the Nalanda Institute for Contemplative Science, The Path and Pure Yoga. This program is compliant with Yoga Alliance.
Students attend four Saturday afternoon retreats and 12 Wednesday evening classes.
- Saturday, October 14th
- Saturday, November 18th
- Saturday, January 6th
- Saturday, January 27th
- October 18th - November 15th (5 classes)
- November 29th - December 13th (3 classes)
- January 3rd - January 27th (4 classes)
If you meditate now and want to go deeper on your practice..
If you want to learn more about the wisdom behind meditation and to understand how and why it affects the brain and body so profoundly..
Or if you seek the knowledge, wisdom and skills to become a certified meditation teacher, this program is for you.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to study and practice meditation, learn wisdom and develop your teaching skills with teachers immersed in the latest knowledge on neuroscience, Buddhism and the art of teaching. Meditation is a powerful tool to eliminate stress, heal the body and mind and enhance your feeling of well-being.
This 100-hour training, led by Dr. Joseph Loizzo, Geri Loizzo and Marlie McGovern, is for people who seek to deepen their meditation practice by mastering mindfulness, insight, and lovingkindness techniques, and for yoga teachers, business people, therapists, coaches, doctors and other professionals who seek to skillfully integrate meditation instruction into their work.
Our program is compliant with Yoga Alliance so is also for yoga instructors completing their 500 hours and meditation teachers who want to expand their knowledge and practice.
Through immersion in experiential learning and reflection, committed personal practice, and supervised teaching practice, participants will:
- Understand meditation from the historic, neuroscientific, psychological, and experiential perspectives
- Learn the self-healing framework of the Four Noble Truths and their direct relevance and application to modern neuropsychology, meditation practice and daily life
- Understand breath awareness and the full spectrum of the Four Foundations of Mindfulness: Mindfulness of Body, Mindfulness of Sensitivity, Mindfulness of Mindset and Mindfulness of Mentality
- Make connections between mindfulness practice and the insights that guide each field of practice, including dissatisfaction, impermanence, potential for freedom, and selflessness
- Explore the healing power of love and compassion and learn the practice of lovingkindness meditation
- Find greater presence, balance, clarity, and expansiveness within yourself through committed personal meditation practice
- Practice leading meditations in one-to-one, small group, and audio recorded formats and receive constructive feedback
- Build a supportive learning community (sangha) with your fellow classmates and discuss how to facilitate and encourage community as a teacher
- Complete an individual project incorporating the course material into your own practice or teaching
- Develop the confidence, vocabulary, and presence to successfully lead others in a full range of mindfulness and lovingkindness meditations and build their own meditation practice
Our last class of teachers said the program was:
- "I was confident in the teaching but my personal practice has really taken off and changed my life"
- "The course is amazing. The teachers broke this heavy learning down in a way that is easy to absorb. The group and leaders are all very supportive."
- "I loved all the neuroscience"
- "I got deeper into the practice and more connected to myself"
- "The Nalanda staff brought a wealth of material, experience and knowledge for the benefit of us all."
- "Taking the meditation teacher training course was one of the best decisions I've made and it has changed my life! Thank you for providing the opportunity!"
- "I was a beginner when the program began. My knowledge and confidence has grown through the constant practice and teaching."
- "I feel like I have much more clarity in my life"
- "So much more confident in my own practice and myself generally"
Once you have been accepted, please register here.