/ pronounced MAY'-la /
a Sanskrit word meaning 'gathering'
Welcome to your retreat.
June 21 - 24, 2018
Enchantment Resort / Sedona Arizona
Join The Path for a weekend retreat to clear your mind, meditate with master teachers, and form lasting relationships with top entrepreneurs, investors and creatives from around the world. This is professional and personal development at its best, amidst the majestic red rocks of Sedona. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an invite or apply below to join us.
Practice with the masters.
Whether you are new to meditation or a long-time practitioner, this is your chance to learn directly from Sharon Salzberg and Will Kabat-Zinn, two of the most renown teachers in the country. Sharon & Will will lead group meditations, offer Buddhist wisdom & answer your questions .. about how to bring mindfulness into every aspect of your life. You'll gain skills to:
- Reduce stress anytime, anywhere
- Make complex decisions with confidence
- Tap into your intuition and inner guidance
- Strengthen your emotional intelligence
- Bring more compassion to all your relationships
Build lasting relationships.
When you meditate you go within. You become more authentic. More you. To do this on retreat, away from the stress of daily life, is profound. You become more open, more prone to connect with people on a deep level. What happens when you go on retreat with other global leaders, to enjoy yoga, meditation and hiking but also gourmet outdoor meals in the shadow of Sedona's red rocks? We believe you'll meet people who will change your life.
For three days, you'll wake up to yoga and hiking amidst the red rocks and close each day with farm-to-table meals under the stars. In addition to the peacefulness from Sharon and Will's guided meditations, and wisdom, you'll enjoy mindful hikes and other outdoor activities. You'll relax with live music and sound baths. You'll share in authentic conversations. And you'll emerge with a calm mind, nourished body, rejuvenated spirit, and awesome new friendships.
Meet your Mela community.
A partial list of people joining us for Mela includes:
- Tim Chang, Partner, Mayfield Fund, twice named to the Forbes Midas list of Top Tech Investors.
- Kerry Faherty, President at Faherty Brand, founder/President, The Mindful Mentors.
- Lindsay Goffman, Producer, The Good Doctor (ABC), Head of Development, 3AD, producer, "Dumbstruck: The Documentary."
- Joe Green, Chairman and co-founder, Treehouse, former founder of Causes, NationBuilder and FWD.us and founding advisor to Facebook.
- Charlie Hartwell, Operating Partner, BridgeBuilders Collaborative (funds and supports social entrepreneurs building applications and products in mindfulness).
- Daniel Hoffer, Managing Partner, co-founder, Crux Capital. Board of Directors, Realine.
- Jessica Iclisoy, Founder/CEO, California Baby (90+ organic products for babies and kids).
- Megan Kingery, Broadway Producer (Natasha, Pierre and the Great Comet of 1912, Fun Home, Hand to G-d.) Creative Producer of Blue Man Group's first book, Blue Man World.
- Michael Levit, Managing Partner, Dragonfly Partners. Board of Directors, SNAP Interactive. Board Member, Say Media.
- Patrick McKenna, co-founder & Chair, Facet Wealth. Managing Partner, High Ridge Venture Partners, co-founder, ExpertCloud.de, Disqus board, Maven Research board.
- Jonathan Miller, Partner, Advancit Capital, TripAdvisor board, American Film Institute board, former Chair & CEO, Newscorp digital media and former CEO, AOL.
- Luke Nosek, Managing Partner, Gigafund. Managing Partner, Founders Fund, Co-founder, Paypal.
- Rosemary Pritzker, photographer, co-founder of The BULLY Project that's taught empathy and social emotional skills to nearly 4 million kids. Podcast: A Show of Hearts.
- Amy Siering, Emmy and Academy Award-nominated documentary film producer and director, The Invisible World, The Memory Thief, Outrage, The Hunting Ground.
* Know someone who would be a fit for Mela? Nominate them by clicking here.
DATES: June 21 - June 24, 2018
LOCATION: Enchantment, Sedona (Arizona)
- Maximum of 60 participants
- New and advanced meditators are welcome
- Mindfulness practices include meditation, yoga, hikes and talks
- Registration fee covers all three days of activities and meals
- Travel and accommodation are not included; however, a discounted rate at Enchantment is available for Mela participants if booked before May 15th.
REFUND/CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancel before March 20th for a full refund. After that, no cancellations or refunds.
About Your Teachers
Sharon Salzberg is a world-renowned meditation instructor and New York Times bestselling author. Many credit her with bringing loving-kindness meditation from India to the West, and she literally wrote the book on Lovingkindness. Sharon is co-founder of Insight Meditation Society in Barre, MA and author of the NYT bestseller Real Happiness. Her most recent book is Real Love: The Art of Mindful Connection.
Will Kabat-Zinn has practiced Vipassana meditation in the U.S. and Burma for more than ten years and teaches entrepreneurs and others at SF Insight, Spirit Rock and meditation centers across the country.
About The Path
The Path is meditation for the modern mind. We've hosted weekly meditations since 2014 and taught thousands of people to meditate in New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco, at SXSW, Sundance, Flow Japan and events around the world. We run a certificate Teacher Training Program, a certificate Mindful Leadership course and book launches for major teachers and authors including Matthieu Ricard, Robert Thurman, Shinzen Young and Culadasa.
We believe meditation can be accessible and taught in beautiful, fun environments. Mela is our next step.
As Featured In
What past retreat participants say:
"I've had one of the most productive and crystal clear weeks in ages. I'm overwhelmed by the amount of progress I've been able to make in a week... and I think part of that is having a clear mind."
"Words fail to communicate how beautiful this weekend was."
“Such a deep, life-changing experience.”
"It really was an immersion into something beautiful."
"At least four people have said they can see a different energy in me since the retreat."
“This experience taught me how to be loving and compassionate with myself.”
"This is an extraordinary opportunity to go deep in your practice and to emerge feeling refreshed, centered and prepared to make key decisions in all areas of your life."
"I feel much lighter, calmer, stronger in myself (mind and body), more full of joy."